Custom Outdoor Living designed and installed 3 patio covers (1 solid and 2 lattice), bbq island, fireplace/pit, and stone detail to pool/spa. We were very happy with the experience we had with Josh and his team. Josh was great to work with, he listened to our goals and ideas and made many helpful suggestions that made it all come together. From design, installation to completion he was always responsive to our questions and his installation teams were polite and professional and did a great job bringing our backyard remodel together.
We here at Custom Outdoor Living pride ourselves on a job well done each and every time. As such, we appreciate all the wonderful reviews we receive on the various review sites like Yelp, Houzz, Angie's List, Facebook and more! We have copied a few of them here for you:
I must say we are impressed with the professionalism shown in this project. Every one of your contractors was an "artist" in what they did. In addition the coordination of all your people and the work they did couldn't have been better orchestrated. We couldn't be more pleased! Our outdoor kitchen is beautiful. Custom Outdoor Living was a joy to work with every step of the way!
Call for your FREE in home estimate.
We just had our bbq designed and installed by them and they were awesome. Josh, the owner came out and designed the perfect outdoor kitchen for our space. His crew worked fast and efficiently and were very polite. What a great experience. His pricing fit our budget and we are very pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend his work.
We hired Josh to design and build our living space outdoors. From patio cover to bbq - and it turned out amazing. The project took about 4 weeks given the time of year. Josh is professional, cares about his clients, and stands by his work. His outsourced partners also had the same level of care and concern for the client's happiness. As with all projects of this size, there were a few snags here and there - to be expected. What I appreciated was their ability to resolve those, be responsive (text/call/meeting), and make sure in the end everything was excellent. We met with a bunch of landscape design teams and we were very happy we went with Custom Outdoor Living! Pricing was also transparent and itemized - very nice to have when sticking to a budget. He was helpful in managing costs and getting us what was needed for the HOAs.
Custom Outdoor Living is awesome! We received 2 other quotes from local companies in the area and then I stumbled upon "Josh". He came and discussed our area & options and we came up with the perfect BBQ area. He gave an estimate that day and it varied only slightly because of our additional requests. His crew was amazing, very professional, organized and exceptionally neat. Josh is very particular and takes great pride in his finished product. If you are looking for a custom BBQ, don't bother looking elsewhere.
This is the second time that we have hired Custom Outdoor Living. Once again, Josh and his crew did a great job. They were punctual, easy to communicate with, and efficient. They even cleaned up the job site after each day. They do amazing work at a fair price. We would definitely use them again.
Needed a fire pit rebuilt. Had seen Custom Outdoor Living's ad and checked their background. Josh (the owner) came out and reviewed the existing one. He explained the alternatives and provided me an estimate while he was there. He was punctual and very professional. We shook on the proposal and he and his crew showed up on the agreed upon date, actually early, to do the work.
They were very good. Removed all the existing materials including sand, rock and rusted pipes. Took it down to the main gas junctions at the fire pit wall which were in good shape. Installed all new pipes, wrapped them to protect them, new stainless steel fire rings, brought in new pea gravel, etc. Replaced the volcanic rock and ensured all was working properly.
Then they totally cleaned up including vacuuming all around the fire pit, wiping down the stone, etc. It looks gorgeous and functions perfectly. His invoice price was exactly what was in his proposal.
Highly recommend. They take pride in their work and it certainly shows.
I've had a lot of contractors work at my house, and I can say without a doubt Custom Outdoor Living is the best we've worked with. They are responsive, proactive, and did a great job. The work crews were very nice and easy to communicate with as well.
We'd for sure hire them again!
"In a word, awesome. But since the site requires more details ...
- Of the 4 vendors I contacted about the project, 1 did not return my call/email and 2 provided me with estimates well outside the range of the budget I outlined. Only Josh/Custom Outdoor Living (COL) actually made the effort to provide me with an estimate within the outlined budget, while outlining the specific costs for various upgrades. It was nice to actually get an estimate based on our wants/needs versus what the contractor wanted to push on us. This established a base trust that Josh was working for us, and not viewing us as an ATM.
- From that base trust, we were comfortable choosing what upgrades we wanted, thus bringing the total price 25% above the top end of our "budget."
- Josh and his employees were always respectful of us, our time and our property. When they said they would be there at 7 AM, they were here by 7 AM.
- The subcontractors that work with COL were also easy to work with.
- Josh/COL worked with us on any last minute changes, providing recommendations while not sounding like we should do it one way or another. It was our choice he was giving us the facts, so we could make an educated decision.
- A couple additions requested midway through the project were easily accommodated by COL.
- Josh was able to recommend a landscaper to us, who turned out to be very pleasant, a hard worker and reasonably priced.
All-in-all, no complaints. We would highly recommend Custom Outdoor Living for your, well, custom outdoor living wants/needs."